Morrowind

Sci-Fi and Fantasy games are some of the most popular on the market. Drop in to talk about your favorites from video games to role playing games.

Moderator: Bmat

Anthentar
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Morrowind

Post by Anthentar »

Who plays it? Who loves it? And what are your favourite races, classes, quests or adventures that you have had?

Share your tales
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become one. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into you." - Beyond Good and Evil, aphorism 146

Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Post by Magus »

I have the game and, to some extent, played it. But I have this stupid Gateway and games just don't work well here... at all. They lag and freeze horribly. But my sister's going to give us her new computer and we're getting her a laptop for her co-op, so I can install it on there and play to my hearts content. In fact, I think that I will.

Anthentar
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Anthentar »

You should. It's such a great game based in such a great world
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become one. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into you." - Beyond Good and Evil, aphorism 146

Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Post by Magus »

I know. I played it for a while before I just got too frustrated with my computer to continue. When we get my sister's computer I plan on playing it first thing... granted that I'm done with Final Fantasy II by then, that game's pretty awesome too. But Morrowind will be the next game that I start, I can promise you that.

Anthentar
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Anthentar »

I never got to play the second Final Fantasy. Played the First, Third, Seventh, Eigth, Ninth, Tenth... and that's it.

Oh well, in my humble opinion, Morrowind is better

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by aldan »

My opinion on Morrowind is as follows:

I own Morrowind, Tribunal and Bloodmoon (the latter two being the expansion packs). I have yet to complete even Morrowind, simply because THERE IS TOO MUCH TO DO, TO EXPLORE! Am I complaining? No, I am not. Not at all. Bethesda Softworks, the makers of this series, has impressed me with its apparent business model of "it'll be finished when everything is not only in there, but is as we pictured it when we started, if not better than that."

If you have a very good video card and lots of RAM, you should crank up the details. The water effects are AMAZING! And when it's raining, it is even cooler! Each raindrop will make its individual splash and ripples in the water when it strikes. *Aldan shakes himself* Just cool!

There were a few things that I wasn't really happy with on the game, usually having to do with combat (especially early in the game). However, while surviving in the beginning is extremely difficult, it more than makes up for it later when you are just TOUGH to beat by most things.

From what I understand, in Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion, they are addressing some of these balancing issues...
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain

Anthentar
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Anthentar »

I think my proudest momoent was when I defeated Dagoth Ur for the first time. That made me feel really good. The whole main quest was just so well told. A brilliant piece of storytelling all together

Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Post by Magus »

Yeah, I loved the attention to detail, albeit that being the main reason my computer sucked at performing with it.

For the little time I was on the game I was playing as Jacatour, an Orcich warrior, I forget the exact subclass but it would be something like that. When I play it again I plan on having a different character, although I'm not exactly sure what kind, just not Jacatour. I believe that Morrowind was the third or fourth game where I had him as my main character. He is by far my favorite one I had in any game, but I think I'll have him retire to where all MC's go to spend the rest of their lives... in my head.

Any suggestions on what kind of character I should have?

Anthentar
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Anthentar »

My first successful character (after ditching an Imperial Knight that I used to the learn the basics of playing the game) was a Redguard Crusader. I've also done a Breton Battlemage, a Dunmer Warrior and a Khajiit Assassin. I still plan on doing more, it's just that I hate how slow low level characters are. Only drawback to the game and I always concentrate on getting a constant effect recharge fatigue artifect or item

The Battlemage was decked out in a whole suit of Daedric Armour, heavily enchanted with constant effect. Massive restore fatigue, restore health, fortify strangth and most importantly, a sixty point night-eye. No more torches or restore fatigue for me. I never have to stop running or jumping with my high level characters

Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Post by Magus »

Sounds nice. Which one of them would you say performed the best? The worst?

Anthentar
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Anthentar »

Depends. My Crusader beat the game at level twenty but my Battlemage didn't seem capable of it until level 35. Strange difference there, but nonetheless, by the time I was done, both of them could stomp anything that they came up against. My crusader crushed Hircine in three hits

Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Post by Magus »

Fun!

I suppose I'll have time to think about this before we get my sisters computer. I'm looking for something different, something I haven' really done before.

Now, what would you say your most fun character to play as was?