Meroldor Reborn

Moderator: Bmat

Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author
Posts: 5399
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:55 pm
Location: London

Post by Mr_D »

Sol placed the cards back in his pocket, pausing to look at them breifly with a slight smile.

"I wonder what you're doing?" He thought out loud.

User avatar
Xyster
Resident Author
Resident Author
Posts: 5228
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:12 am
Location: Insane

Post by Xyster »

Iea moved about town, ignoring the stares she got from some. Mortals were below her concern right now, and she had more important things to take care and little time to see them done.

She found the tavern that she had been looking for easily enough. It was nestled in the dark area along the shoreline, not the most pleasant place.

Pushing open the doors of the tavern she strode in and looked around, spotting a relatively empty table and seating herself. No one here gave her a second glance, though Daelion did draw several looks. He did not like this place, there were too many humans around.

User avatar
Driver_Gabe
Site Regular
Site Regular
Posts: 288
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:05 am
Location: The dark corners of my twisted mind
Contact:

Post by Driver_Gabe »

Zarix only put his hood over his head as they approached the town.

User avatar
aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith
Posts: 3886
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Ohio, right now...
Contact:

Post by aldan »

Ghalakh continued her distance-eating trek with the wolf trotting along as tirelessly as the Dwarf was. However, Ghalakh was also watching and listening very carefully, while keeping an eye on the white wolf to see if it noticed anything odd that she herself might miss, since her nose was so stuffy she could barely smell her upper lip. She also kept glancing back at Kiarra riding her horse, and also kept varying her pace as appropriate to a long march.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain

User avatar
Xyster
Resident Author
Resident Author
Posts: 5228
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:12 am
Location: Insane

Post by Xyster »

After a long while, Iea stood, huffing slightly. She approached the bar, speaking in low tones to the bartender who pointed her towards a back room. With a slight nod she motioned for Daelion to follow, which he did against his better judgement. At least he was away from the prying eyes in that room.

The back room was dark and cramped and smelled of strong ale and rotten tabbacco. Iea sat down at a small table lit only by a candle, staring at the man across from her. His eyes glowed green faintly, and not from the reflection of the light, "I heard that an emissary was coming, but you are not what I expected."

Iea glared at him, "Do you have the information or not?"

User avatar
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author
Posts: 9530
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:05 pm
Location: Rhode Island,U.S.A

Post by Ariel »

The dwarf's swift speed amazed and amused kiarra. She marvelled at how she could stay ahead even though she had no horse. It was pleasant travelling this path. The forest reminded her of a lovely painting she had hung on a wall in her cottage, a beautiful winter scene with vivid hues of blues and greens and stark white snow covered trees. Wolf stopped suddenly turning in all directions as if he sensed something but was unsure of what or where it might lie. She gallopped ahead to catch up and then it appeared. A magnificant beast whos muscles rippled beneath its brown shaggy fur, with massive antlers and soulful eyes. A stag set against a white glowing orb and gently falling snow.

User avatar
aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith
Posts: 3886
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Ohio, right now...
Contact:

Post by aldan »

Ghalakh stopped as the wolf did, then looked off to the left and saw a huge stag. Her brow scrunched as she thought back to what Kiarra had talked about before, as she fingered a throwing axe at her belt absentmindedly.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain

User avatar
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith
Posts: 3842
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:43 pm

Post by Talon Sinnah »

After the minutes passed Andreas made his way to the group gathered around the wagon most of them had rode. "Here is the deal. Considering all of you are not willing to join as my soldiers only allies then I will set this before you and as before nonnegotiable and I will not reconsider unless things change to where I have to. I have talked to my men and their leaders and this is what was said. If you do not help my men they will not help you. Especially in the battlefield. This includes setting up any camps or gathering supplies back up for travel. My example to them is the same as you. Battle if you see one of my men fighting more then two and you do not help them then even if you are battling twenty and ready to die they will not help you. In camp if you do not do your part then they will not help you when you a swamped with things to do. However camp conflicts will not be carried onto the battlefield nor will battlefield conflicts be brought into camp. I have told this to my men and they say it is reasonable. Now since you are only allies then i will need you to have a ambassador or the like so you can conference with me and my men. Be deciding on our way to the ship. We leave in ten." He turned on heel and walked away.

Kai Tin continued to toss his rock up as Andreas talked. Aireya sat close and listened intently. When he finished she heard Kai Tin give a slight grow then noticed he had dropped his rock. "Trying to go to the enemy I see. Well it will not be that easy." Aireya shook her head as Kai Tin climbed back onto the wagon. Has anyone seen Kiarra and the wee dwarf lass." Kai Tin said in a mock dwarf tongue.

Aireya frowned then looked around. "They went off somewhere and I do not know where."

User avatar
Xyster
Resident Author
Resident Author
Posts: 5228
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:12 am
Location: Insane

Post by Xyster »

The man grinned, "Of course, otherwise you wouldn't be here." The man reached into his overly large shirt and withdrew some parchments, "Here...just as asked."

He held them out towards her, but snatched them away when she got near them, "My fee?"

Iea glared at the man, "I have no time for this, give them to me. You know how these arrangements work."

The man sighed, dropping the papers onto the tabe dangerously near the candle. He nodded slightly, "Always formal doing business with you creatures that work for him, isn't it?"

Iea took the papers and carefully folded them, tucking them away into her bag, "With me it is. Your payment will arrive soon enough." She stood, turning her back on him and left. Daelion followed close behind.

It did not take them long to reach the appointed tavern thereafter, and Iea sat at a corner table, shuffling through the papers and studying a map that she had been given. Right then she would have given almost anything for any of the papers to be wrong so that she could leave that miserable group.

User avatar
Driver_Gabe
Site Regular
Site Regular
Posts: 288
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:05 am
Location: The dark corners of my twisted mind
Contact:

Post by Driver_Gabe »

Zarix listened intently to Andreas. His only thought was fair enough, has he made his way to the lead wagons. Trying to be helpful in any way possible.

User avatar
Driver_Gabe
Site Regular
Site Regular
Posts: 288
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:05 am
Location: The dark corners of my twisted mind
Contact:

Post by Driver_Gabe »

Blood turned to Kai-Tin and asked, " What is the meaning of this word ally." Blood calmly waited for a answer with a look of pure wonder on his face.

Mr_D
Resident Author
Resident Author
Posts: 5399
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:55 pm
Location: London

Post by Mr_D »

Sol quietly followed the others. He did not like the captain as a person but he respected him as a leader. And if they were to accomplish anything they would need to work together.

"What have I gotten myself into this time?" Sol sighed, shaking his head slightly in disbeleif before heading off after the others.

Post Reply