Star Wars: Ep.3, The Revenge of the Sith (SPOILERS!)

Seen a great movie or video lately? Heard a juicy rumor about an upcoming release? Share your reviews and thoughts with us!

Moderator: Bmat

ScottSF
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by ScottSF »

I'm always so mixed about the new films. I don't think Episode I was as bad as many people say. I think the best light saber fight of all was with Darth Maul. The Darth Anakin vs Obi-wan was too convoluted but I like when they were throwing each other around the control room. I think I'm still glad George made them, I'm just sad that in a few spots he droped the ball so bad. Yoda stuff was good. Mace was a good character. The origin of Boba Fett was great stuff. Hey I'm liking them more, just some better dialogue between the people and make the transition to Darth a bit more gradual. I think if someone else directed the actors the movies would come out better. Harrison Ford commented Lucas didn't seem too interested in the actor's craft. That's why I think the guy who directed ESB got better performances. I guess I liked the new movies well enough but thought there were plenty of missed opportunities. I was glad to see 3P0's memory get wiped, because the story demanded that from episode I. One Idea I had which I thought would have been cool is the revalation that R2D2 has been working for Yoda all along and at the end Yoda can tell R2 to stick close to Leah.

Yep, I'm glad he made them. But some parts of the new trilogy left me saying: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Wasn't that the same pose Kirk made in Star Trek II, wrath of Khan?

Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Neurolanis »

I also think the new films are OK, and Sith is really entertaining. They just lack that natural, genuine aura of the first I guess.

Caltana
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Caltana »

Anthentar wrote: Oh and there's a damn good explanation for different voices of the Stormtroopers in the old trilogy presented during the campiagn in Battlefront 2
Oh, really? Please do tell. I don't have the game and I'm curious about this one to. :?:
"Hell? There is no Heaven, there is no Hell, there is only this place, the Land Of The Dead, my friend..."
-Kevin Heinz Fischer-Oakley.

Qray

Post by Qray »

ScottSF wrote:...I'm always so mixed about the new films. I don't think Episode I was as bad as many people say. I think the best light saber fight of all was with Darth Maul...
Ray Park is an excellent stuntman and martial artist. John Williams also wrote a killer score for that fight sequence. I'm kind of cheesed that they cut the scene during the final fight sequence in which Darth Maul talks about why he turned to the dark side. It really adds a lot to the character.

ScottSF
Site Regular
Site Regular

Trivia, happy 3 man

Post by ScottSF »

oooh, I got a Trivia Q. I like to notice things in movies and I found an actor that I am really envious of. He was in:

StarWars Episode 3
Lord of the Rings (3): Return of the King
and
Matrix (3): Revolutions.

I gave away that it's a dude. He's the only guy I know of who is in all three. Anybody know who he is and which charaters he played in each?

Caltana
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Caltana »

Easy! Really easy!

Bruce Spence:

ROTK: The Mouth Of Sauron
The Matrix Revolutions: The Trainman.
STEP3: Tion Medlon.

Smug expression to follow :D
"Hell? There is no Heaven, there is no Hell, there is only this place, the Land Of The Dead, my friend..."

ScottSF
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by ScottSF »

yay! you got it. I didn't even know the name of his character in ep3 :p That dude is everywhere. I think he was in a Mad Max movie also. I'm gonna have to try to notice less easy things. Hey, that Bruce guy is good with voices. I had to check to make sure he was trainman 'cause he didn't give away any accent. I'll have to notice less easy things hehe

Caltana
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Caltana »

Check out the Internet Movie Database www.imdb.com, if you don't know about it already. It gives all details you'd ever want about any actors old projects and even known future ones.

Yep he's in Mad Max as well; the pilot. A truely diverse actor is Bruce Spence.

Anthentar
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Anthentar »

Sorry about the delay, but I haven't checked this forum in quite a while. Anyway, as it was presented in Battlefront 2, the reason for the different voices was that, following a clone rebellion on Kamino, the Emperor decided that it was overly dangerous to maintain an army that was all the same. He felt that if the one group of clones were capable of rebelling against him, then all could as well (because they are all extremely similar). To combat this, he started using a number of different sources to clone his army, creating a fair bit of variety among the clone troopers (and storm troopers)

The other explanation that I have heard is that after the Emperor siezed total control, he found it all too expensive to create and maintain his clone army. Instead he began conscripting and training recruits and officers (such as Han Solo). This explanation seems to work better to me as it explains the obvious variety among the officers in the original trilogy.
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become one. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into you." - Beyond Good and Evil, aphorism 146

Driver_Gabe
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Driver_Gabe »

Han Solo was a smuggler for Jaba the Hutt in the original movies.
He was not a Emperial soldier or officer.

Caltana
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Caltana »

Cheers Anthentar. I did wonder about that. :) Both ideas have merit in my mind but personally I would've prefered it if they hadn't changed them at all because I like the idea. It would've been easier storywise for them to dub the new voice over the old stormtrooper dialogue like they did with adding Anakin and Palpatine, that would've been good, to keep the continuity seeing as Lucas went to great pains to show us how the stormtroopers came about.

ScottSF
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by ScottSF »

I remember reading long ago reading that Han Solo was ex-military(may have even been in the first movie novelization). I don't remember if it mentioned who's military but I think I also think I heard that he was empire. This was all before he freed Chewie and became a smuggler.